[C++-sig] Py++ - Another GCCXML issue -- GCCXML ignoring defines/issue with exception specifications

Lawrence Spector Lawrence.Spector at CanfieldSci.com
Mon Jul 16 22:38:38 CEST 2007

I have a header file where I define something to the effect of the following:

#define THROW_1(X) throw(X)

In another header I use it:

class MyClass : public ClassWithExceptSpec
{
public:
void myMethod() THROW_1(MyExcept);
};

It actually gives me a syntax error at the line of the method declaration.  I also tried defining directly from the Py++ Gui, same result.

If I replace the usage of THROW_1(MyExcept) to throw(MyExcept), like so:

void myMethod() throw(MyExcept);

then all is good.  I can't explain this behavior, except as a bug.  Have anyone encountered this before?

Another quirk to add to this.  If I #define THROW_1(X) throw(X) in the same file, I get the bad file descriptor issue repeatedly.  =(

Thanks,

Lawrence