[C++-sig] Raoul Gough's indexing suite

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:17:46 CEST 2007

On 7/2/07, John Reid <j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
> I've downloaded Raoul Gough's indexing suite code into my
> boost/python/suite/indexing directory. I got it from
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/boost/python/suite/indexing/
>
> Now the following code does not compile as advertised on:
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/python/indexing/containers.html
>

> #include <boost/python/suite/indexing/container_suite.hpp>
>
> using namespace boost;
> using namespace boost::python;
> using namespace indexing;
>
> void export_container()
> {
>         class_< std::vector<int> > ("vector_int")
>             .def (container_suite< std::vector<int> >());
> }
>
> The error complains that def does not have the right number of arguments.
>

> I'm using VC++ express on XP with Boost 1.34.0
>
> Also I had to add a missing typename to line 75 of container_proxy.hpp:
>      typedef typename container_proxy::value_type value_type;
>

> Did I get the wrong version? Where should I get the code from?

You can get it from me:
http://language-binding.net/pyplusplus/documentation/containers.html
SVN:
http://pygccxml.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pygccxml/pyplusplus_dev/indexing_suite_v2/

Pay attention: this is a modified version of the original source code.
It contains few bug fixes and support for new containers.

If you are going to play with it I suggest you to install Py++ and see
what code it generates.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding