[C++-sig] runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call

Dave Wolfe dwolfe at gforcetech.com
Fri Jan 26 02:13:40 CET 2007

> I'm no expert on bpl, but are you sure this isn't a dangling pointer?
> The bpl::object myPyPrinter goes out of scope when you exit the try
> block, which presumably destroys whatever ICallable retval is pointing
> to...

Thanks for the suggestion.  Since I'm fuzzy as to how memory management
works in bpl, I'd better be more careful about this in general.

FWIW, I tried putting the call to operator()() right inside
CreatePythonHelloPrinter() to see if it made a difference.
Unfortunately, I'm still seeing, "runtime error R6025 - pure virtual
function call".  In fact, I'm seeing the same thing when I type in the
example at:

 -
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/exposing.html#python.class_virtual_functions

At this point, I'm pretty certain this is a bug...

- Dave W.