[C++-sig] cannot import module

Atri, Sunil Sunil.Atri at spansion.com
Tue Jan 23 08:22:39 CET 2007

Some more info regarding the actual code itself

There are the only two changes I have made to the original source files.

/Modules/Setup.local

# Edit this file for local setup changes

spam spammodule.o

Added the spammodule.c file to the /Modules directory

spammodule.c

#include <Python.h>

static PyObject *

spam_system(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)

{

    const char *command;

    int sts;

    if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "s", &command))

        return NULL;

    sts = system(command);

    return Py_BuildValue("i", sts);

}

static PyMethodDef SpamMethods[] = {

    {"system",  spam_system, METH_VARARGS, "Execute a shell command."},

    {NULL, NULL, 0, NULL}        /* Sentinel */

};

PyMODINIT_FUNC

initspam(void)

{

    (void) Py_InitModule("spam", SpamMethods);

}

Thank you

Sunil