[C++-sig] booost::python cvs - link error

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Jan 9 01:45:12 CET 2007

Trying to use the cvs version of boost::python using vc71, for an
extension that compiles OK against boost_1_33_1 and get many of these:

"""
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static bool volatile
boost::python::docstring_options::show_signatures_"
(?show_signatures_ at docstring_options@python at boost@@0_NC)
"""

I am aware that docstring_options.hpp is new, and that there are related
changes to function.hpp and function.cpp in cvs.

Tried some C++ novice ideas to get this to link, to no avail. I am
guessing the problem to be VC++ specific, somehow.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Art