[C++-sig] Multithreaded Python embedding

Michael Gauckler maillists at gauckler.ch
Sat Apr 21 23:12:14 CEST 2007

Dear List,

I'd like to write a multi-threaded C++ program where each thread contains
its own python interpreter.

The code should act as a servant in a distributed environment and several
(#threads) requests are handled in the (separate) interpreters running
concurrently (on several CPUs).

Is it possible to do this? What's the best way to do it? I read about the
issues of the GIL, but as I understand it, this only applies to
multi-threading within a single python interpreter instance.

Thank you for hints, links and explanations. Regards,

Michael Gauckler