[C++-sig] memory leaks using the "manage_new_object" return policy...

Kevin Jones investtcartier at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 20:59:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using the manage_new_object return policy to wrap
"newed" C++ object in an effort to conserve memory.

Even though I am deleting the returned object in
Python and invoking the Python garbage collector I
still have a leak. This is a long-running systems
adminstration app the read the contents of a very
large database.

Any suggestions on how to make manage_new_object
behave correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin