[C++-sig] Boost python in OS X, with non-framework python 2.4

Lars Yencken lars.yencken at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 12:06:48 CET 2006

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I've been going about this the wrong
way.

I installed the OS X package for python 2.5. I then had a go at
compiling boost python against framework python 2.5 (the one
symlinked to current) on intel, but had compile errors. Every one was
of the form:

/Users/lars/Downloads/Work/boost_1_33_1/libs/python/build/../src/
object_protocol.cpp:139: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to
'Py_ssize_t*'

My guess is that part of the python interface changed between
versions (this one type/typedef of Py_ssize_t?). I imagine that using
a more recent dev version of boost python might get around this, so
that's what I'll try now. It's comforting that you've been successful
though. You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent trying to get
this working.

Lars