[C++-sig] Split_module and file names

Nicolas Tessore Tessore at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 20 13:52:32 CET 2006

Hello, I stumbled into this seemingly stupid problem, but don't know a
way out.

I have got pretty much everything working in my setup, except for the
fact that the wrapper file is 50k lines big and cl.exe crashes after
some minutes compiling it. I read the Best Practices article and started
to include caching, and finally split_module into my generator.

Now the creation fails because of filename length.

'vector_less_std_scope_vector_less_unsigned_short_comma__std_scope_allocator
_less_unsigned_short_grate___grate__comma__std_scope_allocator_less_std
_scope_vector_less_unsigned_short_comma__std_scope_allocator_less_
unsigned_short_grate___grate___grate___grate_.pypp.hpp'

is a 266 characters filename, and it is one of the rather short. It's
just a vector<vector<unsigned short> > > . I have a ton of more nested
containers, and cannot manually alias them all. Then, I tried to make a

     typedef vector<vector<unsigned short> > > vector_vector_ushort;

but this changed nothing for me.

So it may once again be proof of my ignorance, but could you point me in
the right direction? It'd be eternally grateful :)

N.