[C++-sig] Using PYPP_API

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Thu Nov 16 14:58:07 CET 2006

Haridev, Meghana wrote:
> I would like to use a high level API which is built on top of Py++ to
> abstract away the internal details of Py++/pygccxml.
>
> What is the status of the development of the PYPP_API?

As far as I can tell I am the only one using (and maintaining) it. I'm
using it for a project of mine which still relies on pypp_api, even
though Py++ meanwhile has an API that partially resembles pypp_api.

> Is it stable enough to be used to generate consistent/reliable code in
> terms of using Py++ under the hood?

Well, at least it works for me. :) But of course, I'm only focusing on
features that I need for my project, so I can't say if pypp_api is
suitable for your projects as well.

> Are all features of Py++ supported
> by the API or exposed in a manner that users can still use raw Py++ if
> need be?

Usually you can mix pypp_api calls and "raw" Py++ calls unless you
depend on functionality implemented in Py++' module_builder_t class.

- Matthias -