[C++-sig] Best way to use python as an API inside a Qt/C++ app?

J.D. Yamokoski yamokosk at ufl.edu
Thu May 4 20:46:59 CEST 2006

>>And what is the best approach (tool) to implementing
>>this?  PyQt, boost.python, other?
>

> Qt4). How to reflect your own code into python is a different issue.
> Boost.python is definitely a good choice, though if you use a lot of
> Qt internally it would be best to stay with the tool used to generate
> the Qt bindings, and simply add your own classes.

I am creating a Windows program using MFC in which I need to do the same
thing, expose my CDocument data (if anyone is familiar with MFC
programming) to Python... essentially expose my entire program
state/data to Python.

Like the original poster, I have come across Python wrappings for just
about everything under the sun, including MFC. But as you have pointed
out going from program -> Python seems to be the trickiest part. Is
there a tutorial, best practices, tips, or anything for efficiently
doing this?

Is anyone really familiar with Blender or something similar? Would their
code base be a good place to start?

J.D. Yamokoski