[C++-sig] pyplusplus is alive :-)

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Fri Mar 31 22:32:03 CEST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006 at 22:38, Roman Yakovenko wrote:

> Niall,  can you switch your code from union to struct and to named struct?
> It is really a difficult situation to handle from code generator. If
> you can not, then
> I prefer to create hand written code that will expose FXWinShellLink class.

I can't really change it as it breaks the code.

> An other thought is that Python already has PyWin32 and os packages to deal
> with paths. May be we should just skip this class?

Well, to my knowledge, FXWinShellLink is the ONLY portable Windows
shell link implementation anywhere in the world. It lets Linux and
FreeBSD work directly with windows shell link files which is really
very handy seeing as Windows doesn't have proper symbolic link
support. Python has no such support.

However, you're right that it's not essential. However, that specific
idiom of combining an unnamed bitfield struct with an integer
counterpart will surely come up again in the future.

Cheers,
Niall