[C++-sig] Overriding operator == and = for None

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:12:58 CEST 2006

On 6/21/06, Will Lee <lee.will at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way I can override the operator == and = for a wrapped c++ object
> to take in a Python None type?

I could be wrong, but you can not change semantic of = ( assignment operator )

As for the ==( equal operator ), you can overload == that takes
boost::python::object and then test it for being None.

I am almost sure that what you are trying to do should be rethought.
For example:

x  == None will work, but x is None will not. This can lead to bugs.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding