[C++-sig] Default arguments in pyplusplus

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Mon Jun 19 02:34:38 CEST 2006

On 18 Jun 2006 at 20:41, Roman Yakovenko wrote:

> > Needless to say, the TnFOX python bindings won't work without default
> > arguments working :(
>
> I agree with you, may be you have some where in the code use_keywords = False?

That's precisely the case. I am talking about default parameters not
working when use_keywords is False. Sorry, I thought I mentioned that
earlier in a previous bug report.

I think surely you will need to use
BOOST_PYTHON_MEMBER_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS() for when keywords are not
enabled?

> > I did try adding this on my own, but it's complex. I'm afraid the
> > class hierarchy in pyplusplus is fairly complex, complex enough that
> > without a debugger it's hard to modify. So I'll have to leave it to
> > you Roman!
>
> Please provide test case and I will try to fix ASAP.

I think that I have use_keywords as False is enough? Try your unit
test with use_keywords as False, if that still works I will modify
one of your unit tests to show the behaviour.

Cheers,
Niall