[C++-sig] Inserting custom code into pyplusplus output

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Tue Jun 13 16:15:51 CEST 2006

On 13 Jun 2006 at 11:59, Roman Yakovenko wrote:

> > if not how can I insert this custom code via pyplusplus?
>
> 1. You should exclude FXApp::init functions from being exposed, right?
>
> mb = module_builder_t( ... _
> FXApp = mb.class_( 'FXApp' )
> FXApp.member_functions( 'init' ).exclude()
> init = """def("init", &FX::FXApp::init,
> &TnFOX::FX_FXApp_Wrapper::default_init_3)"""
> FXApp.add_code( init )

Unfortunately, FXApp::init is a required function for all GUI
programs. It also mandatorily takes argc and argv.

> > We are very close to a working TnFOX python bindings. Yay!
>
> It is really good news :-). I am glad you find the time to work on this project.
> I have few ideas about new GUI to pyplusplus. May be I will implement it using
> Python bindings to TnFOX, we'll see.

If pyplusplus doesn't yet support these things, I can also patch them
in and supply a diff file to apply on the resulting bindings in the
short term.

It would be really great if we had a real world user of the TnFOX
python bindings.

Cheers,
Niall