[C++-sig] Some fixes on Pyste and a few questions

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Sun Jan 8 17:12:54 CET 2006

On 8 Jan 2006 at 7:35, Roman Yakovenko wrote:

> On 1/6/06, jonathan liger <jonathan.liger at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I also have a few question on Pyste
> > - what does 'return_opaque_pointer' policies suits for ? It does not
> > work (it generates invalid code) with functions returning void*, which
> > is the C way to return opaque structures.
>
> 1. You need patch from Niall Douglas in order to make this work. Just
> search this list for
> void*

Yeah that's a Boost.Python problem not a pyste problem. Find my
patch.

> >         in _main.cpp because some classes in bar1 and bar2 inherits from
> > classes in foo. Importing foo.pyste at the begining of bar1 and bar2
> > solves that problems but causes wrapping code in _foo.cpp to be
> > generated 3 times !
> > Am I using this wrong or should there be another directive to manage the
> > order of the Export_* functions ?
>
> I think that Niall also has patch for this problem too.

You don't use python import, you use pyste's Import().

> Why don't you try pyplusplus? See
> http://www.language-binding.net/pyplusplus/pyplusplus.html
> and
> http://www.language-binding.net/pyplusplus/to_pyste_comparison.html

If you can, use pyplusplus over pyste. I say that for ALL users of
pyste, pyplusplus is now mature enough to be useful as well as being
actively developed. It can also do quite a few tricks pyste cannot.

Cheers,
Niall