[C++-sig] import problem with hello world example

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 12:46:12 CET 2006

--- Etienne Lachance <etienne.lachance at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> Without any problem I compiled the Hello World example. I copied the hello.so
> and libboost_python.so into a directory which is included in my PYTHONPATH.

You also have to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH, e.g. (csh syntax):

  setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /some/path:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

where /some/path is where you put libboost_python.so.

Altenatively you could link with: -Wl,-rpath,'${ORIGIN}'
This should work as long as libboost_python.so is in the same place as
hello.so.

Cheers,
        Ralf