[C++-sig] pyplusplus ui / API

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:25:10 CET 2006

I'm quite interested in this effort.  I have one small concern.

Usually, when wrapping some c++ code, I may need a small amount of c++
interface code as well.  For example, suppose I have Function A which is in
A.H.  Typically, A might use STL iterator-style interface.  To expose to
python, I write the function a_wrapper, which accepts a boost::range
interface.  Then boost::python directly interfaces with this layer.

My only concern is that with pyplusplus, to wrap A.H I will need a c++ file
a_wrapper.cpp as well as a python file?  I don't know how to avoid this.