[C++-sig] pyplusplus howto?

Allen Bierbaum abierbaum at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:50:39 CET 2006

On 2/12/06, Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/12/06, Allen Bierbaum <abierbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Roman (and other pyplusplus users):
> >
> > I have found the thread [Re: [C++-sig] pyplusplus tutorials & GUI
> > wizard] extremely helpful.  I was running into many of the same
> > problems that Matthias was and this answered many questions that the
> > documentation currently does not.
> >
> > It got me thinking that what may be very helpful for people trying to
> > understand pyplusplus is a howto or faq page on the website.  This may
> > prove to be more helpful then tutorials because I don't think you are
> > ever going to be able to make tutorials/examples of everything that
> > everyone may want to do.
> >
> > What do you think, could you add a howto section to your webpage?  (if
> > it allowed user contributions like a wiki or user editable faq that
> > would be even better :) .
>
> I already thought to take that thread and to create how-to and\or faqs.
> It will take some time. Next week I am will be on vacation. After this
> I want to make new release of the projects. And only after this I will try to
> create release with documentation.

Sounds like I better get my questions asked quickly before you are
gone on vacation. :)

To help out I setup a temporary location for a pyplusplus faq.  Take a
look at: https://realityforge.vrsource.org/view/PyOpenSG/PyPlusPlusFaq
.  I haven't copied over all the questions that I have seen on the
list yet but it is a start.  I would appreciate it if other people
that are interested in using pyplusplus could help out by either
migrating some of the questions/answers from the list or adding new
questions and entries of their own.  If you want to ask questions or
contribute to the faq you can register for the wiki at
https://realityforge.vrsource.org/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration .

Please let me know if this is helpful to anyone.

Thanks,
Allen