[C++-sig] Problems Compiling in VS 2005

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 05:34:03 CET 2006

--- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> Sergey Tiraspolsky <stiraspo at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I'm attempting to upgrade my solution to 2005 from 2003 and it compiles
> > fine until it gets to boost then I get errors.  Here's the error:
> > Error    889      error C2665: 'boost::python::detail::make_getter' :
> > none of the 3 overloads could convert all the argument types
> > ...\boost-1.32.0\include\boost\python\data_members.hpp     277
> >
> > I thought it may be related to having an older version of Boost so I
> > upgraded to 1.33.1 and am still having the same error:
> >
> > boost-1.33.1\include\boost\python\data_members.hpp(277) : error C2665:
> > 'boost::python::detail::make_getter' : none of the 3 overloads could
> > convert all  the argument types
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Post a minimal, reproducible example, and we can try to debug it for
> you.

FWIW: I am using Boost.Python (very recent CVS) with VS 2005 Professional. I
know all boost/libs/python/tests work OK. We have 50+ extensions which also
work just fine.
Once you get past the compilation errors: you have to run the "manifest tool"
on the .pyd files. Example cl, link and mt commands are here (the page will
disappear some time in the future):

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/results/2006_01_31_2306/win_xp_vc80_py242_build_log

Cheers,
        Ralf