[C++-sig] registration order

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:08:30 CET 2006

Hi. I think that I should explain why I think that removing that ( see
previous mail ) requirement
is good.

This behaviour can surprise a developer. Think about this:

 The developer created bindings for a library. After few month the
library has been in usage,
customers asks to add default argument to a function. Surprise:
instead of simple change in
one well defined place, developer should re-consider class registration order.
In big projects, with high level of dependencies between components it
could be a challenge.

Also, this requirement complicates a sorting algorithm within
pyplusplus. This is true.
But this is not a point, not at all.

--
Roman Yakovenko