[C++-sig] call C-functions (by reference) from Python (using Boost.Python)

Lutz Lauterbach Lutz.Lauterbach at qimonda.com
Tue Dec 12 10:15:43 CET 2006

Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Take a look on fixed_input_array or fixed_output_array function within
> a file I attached previously in this thread. You can find implementation of
> helper functions here: http://tinyurl.com/ydpjak

... I took your suggestion and inserted the file "convenience.pypp.hpp" in my
program and also copied some Boost-code from your other example (concerning
fixed_input_array/fixed_output_array). During compilation it brings (only) two
error messages:

convenience.pypp.hpp: In function `void
pyplusplus::convenience::ensure_uniform_sequence(boost::python::api::object, pyp
lusplus::convenience::index_type)':
convenience.pypp.hpp:43: error: `len' is not a member of `boost::python'
convenience.pypp.hpp: In function `void pyplusplus::convenience::copy_sequence
(const boost::python::api::object&, Inserter)':
convenience.pypp.hpp:73: error: `len' is not a member of `boost::python'

This seems to be a rather basic problem, I do not see any missing include file
since I "#include <boost/python.hpp>", but I have no clue. Do you know the
reason?