[C++-sig] boost python references

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:12:52 CEST 2006

On 4/16/06, david stummer <stummer at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, i added a member function to Window which takes a Seat reference:
>
>     void Window::AddSeat(Seat &s)
>     {
>         seat=s;
>     }
>
>     class_<Window>("Window")
>         .def("FindWindow", make_function(&Window::AddSeat))
>
>         .def_readwrite("seat", &Window::seat)
>     ;
>
> using make_function like you said, although this doesn't seem to have any
> effect.
>
> I thank you for your patience - i am a newbie

:-). You missed important note:

There is one important difference between Python code and C++.
In Python you create value that belongs to class, while in C++ you
create value that belongs to class instance. I think you should use
add_static_property
function.

make_function you should use in order to setup call policies

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding