[C++-sig] Adding a method on the fly

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 5 18:21:31 CEST 2006

Kelly Burkhart wrote:
> On 4/5/06, *Stefan Seefeld* <seefeld at sympatico.ca
> <mailto:seefeld at sympatico.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Kelly Burkhart wrote:
>
>      > I can't find 'exec'.  Is it in the boost::python namespace?  What
>     header
>      > do I need to include?
>
>     It's in the development version, and will be part of the upcoming
>     release.
>     Sorry for not mentioning that.
>

> No problem.  Will this development version be production soon?

As I said, it will be in the upcoming release, i.e. 1.34.

> Is there a way to do what I'm looking for with v1.33.1?

I'm not sure what bits you were particularly interested in.
I showed the 'exec' function only as an example (because constructing
and running a python object in pure C++ would be pretty pointless. :-) ).

You were asking about binding a function to an object, which doesn't
require 'exec'.

Regards,
		Stefan