[C++-sig] wrapper & HeldType

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Oct 19 15:02:19 CEST 2005

Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/17/05, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry, that looks neither minimal nor complete.
>
>> I'm _sure_ you can illustrate your point with just a few functions and
>> one (or at most two) classes. No?
>
> Yes I am. I am sorry for being unclear. Before proceeding, I would
> like to clear something. What I am trying to show are problems with
> boost.python interface to user and not functionality.

I understand.

> All code that I show works okay. I will try to explain myself here
> and I attached files you've asked.

What I'm asking is that you show some code that doesn't work, but that
you think ought to work, if the interface were better.  I understand
that I could probably modify your example to make it that way, but I'd
appreciate it if you could do it; it will save me a lot of uncertainty.

> I am talking about next use case: I have class with virtual
> function.  In order to override it's virtual function I use
> boost::python::wrapper. Also I'd like to have std::auto_ptr ( or
> shared_ptr ) as it's held type.

I understand that.

www.boost-consulting.com