[C++-sig] Patch implementing void * support

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 11:34:54 CET 2005

On 11/27/05, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge at nedprod.com> wrote:
> Attached is a slightly fixed version of the patch. When is this patch
> going to be applied?
>
> I understand from Roman that I have too many typenames in there, but
> other than this trivial fix the patch works perfectly on GCC.

Small mistake: you don't have to declare void as an opaque type for
automatic void * usage

You don't need those lines ( at least on GCC 3.3 ):
+
+// Declare void as an opaque type for automatic void * usage
+namespace boost { namespace python {
+    template<>
+    inline type_info type_id<void>(BOOST_PYTHON_EXPLICIT_TT_DEF(void))
+    {
+        return type_info (typeid (void *));
+    }
+    template<>
+    inline type_info type_id<const volatile void>(
+        BOOST_PYTHON_EXPLICIT_TT_DEF(const volatile void))
+    {
+        return type_info (typeid (void *));
+    }
+}}

> Cheers,
> Niall