[C++-sig] Python/C++ wrapper comparisons?

Niac Neb niacneb at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 00:06:19 CEST 2005

Hello,

Didn't see this on site ... sorry if I missed it.  I'm
a newbie ... want to start on right foot :)

Is there a Boost.Python comparison to say, SIP, SWIG,
CXX ... considering ease-of-use, user base, maturity,
good OS support, support for C++ class nesting,
virtual methods, templates, overloading, etc.?

Seems to me ... Boost.Python (among other things) has
a more active user base, is better documented, and is
the only solution that supports embedding Python.

Although a great start, I do wish there were more
examples in the Boost.Python Tutorial of embedding
Python.

Thanks,
  Niac

Yahoo! Mail