[C++-sig] Constructors (and destrucrtors) wrappers

Eric Jardim ericjardim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:04:28 CEST 2005

Hi, again...

There is a case where I have an object constructor that recieves the
(int argc, char** argv) parameter from the main function:

class QApplication {
public:
   QApplication(int argc, char** argv) {...}

int
main(int argc, char** argv)
{
   obj = new QApplication(argc, argv);

Is it possible to change the way it is constructed, just passing a
list of args (the way of python does)

>>> import sys
>>> import Qt
>>> app = Qt.QApplication(sys.argv)

I thinked some possibilities:
   * Creating a free function (or static method) with a factory role.
But it could confuse the API...
   * Extending the class and reimplementing the constructor. I am
afraid of this, because I do not know how extended objects will behave
in python. Especially if some of them are constructed internally (in
c++).

The same question is applied to destructors.

Any help and insights are welcome :)

thanks,

[Eric Jardim]