[C++-sig] Re: Embedded Python plus module loading

Yao Heling yaoheling at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 10:19:46 CET 2005

I've never used bjam but the following link may be of
help.

http://www.python.org/moin/boost.python/BuildingExtensions

you can try scons as well, which I found to be easier
to use.

Regards,

Joseph H. Yao

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:35:33PM -0500, Daniel Holth
wrote:
> My problem means boost.build doesn't know how to
properly link my
> embedded Python program. I can add that same line
"import sha" to
> /libs/python/test/embedding.cpp, build it with 'bjam
embedding', and the
> test fails to run properly.
>
> According to the ld manual page I need to use
--export-dynamic to expose
> symbols coming from static parts of my binary (like
the static libpython
> boost.build likes to link to) to dynamic libraries
like imported python
> modules. Or I can just dynamically link libpython
>
> I haven't sufficiently decoded boost.build to figure
out how to change
> the library search path to prefer the dynamically
loaded Python library
> xor add the linker option --export-dynamic, I would
prefer to just
> dynamically link libpython and it would be nice to
keep boost's handy