[C++-sig] hello.pyd - where did it go?

Jesper Olsen jesper.olsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:29:33 CET 2005

Hi,

I just installed boost 1.32 on linux - I want to use Boost.Python.

The installation seemed to go ok.

After that I tried the hello world example

http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/hello.html

% cd boost_1_32_0/libs/python/example/tutorial
% bjam -sTOOLS=gcc -a

This seems to work also - a hello.so is created and copied to

boost_1_32_0/bin/boost/libs/python/example/tutorial/hello.so

but where did hello.pyd go? The above hello.html page says it's
supposed to be "somewhere in libs\python\example\tutorial\bin"

But it's not there.

I have not used bjam prior to boost so I'm a little confused - is it
possible to see
what the commandline eqivalents of what bjam is actually doing?

Is boost usable without bjam?

Cheers
Jesper