[C++-sig] LinkLibraries

Jacques Kerner Jacques.Kerner at noos.fr
Fri Mar 4 20:43:03 CET 2005

Hello,

I am having a problem to link an extension module with bjam, which
requires an external library. I get this :

Unknown suffix on <@boost!libs!python!example!hlapython>. - see
UserObject rule in Jamfile(5).

Here is my Jamfile, very close to the basic example, with a
<library-file> added to it:

#   Specify our location in the boost project hierarchy
subproject libs/python/example/hlapython ;

#   Include definitions needed for Python modules
import python ;

extension hlapython                 # Declare a Python extension called
hlapython
:   HLAPython.cpp                   # source
    <dll>../../build/boost_python   # dependencies
    <library-file>libFedTime
    <library-file>libRTI-NG
    ;

This is on Windows XP with Visual 7.1 (I don't think it is the problem).
I don't understand how to link a library. I also tried :

LinkLibrary hlapython : libFedTime libRTI-NG;

but it does not work...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jacques Kerner