[C++-sig] basic embedded boost.python build question

Nathan Tuck ntuck at ssoc-inc.com
Wed Jun 29 01:08:10 CEST 2005

I have a somewhat basic build question for embedded python, but I have
not been able to google the answer.

First of all, I am using Linux.

I want to build an application with an embedded (dynamically linked)
python interpreter and a module of statically linked (into the
application executable) boost.python routines.  I would prefer not to
compile separate .so's for the modules or include my own custom version
of the interpreter.

Is it possible to make this work?  The best solution I have come up with
so far has three pieces: 1) an executable 2) the boost module .so and 3)
another .so implementing the functions that are called both by the boost
module and the executable.  Surely there is a way I can get this down to
one file (just the executable) which dynamically links to the main
python libs?

Thanks,

Nathan