[C++-sig] _POSIX_C_SOURCE redefinition warning with python 2.3and boost-1.31.0

Ashish Chaudhary aashishvr2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 20:22:20 CEST 2005

Thanks again Dave and Andreas.

I am giving 1.32.0 a try and yes I didn't get those
warnings with this version. So now I am going to try
compiling other library (VRJuVRJugglersion 2.0 alpha4
)
with new boost version.

If it does not work I will try Dave's or your
suggestion.

Also I think I created two threads on the same
subject. I am sorry about that as something went wrong
with my email.

~Regards,
AshiAshish

--- Andreas Beyer <beyebeyer-imbajena deote:

> David AbraAbrahamste:
>
> >aashaashishtiastate edutes:
> >

> >>Thanks Dave.
> >>
> >>Here is what I am getting on my console when I am
> trying to compile Boost.
> >>
> >>On googgooglingound that I am getting this warning
> because, of the
> >>importance of include order for Python header
> files.
> >>

> >Right.
> >

> >>Should I ignore these warnings?
> >>

> >Probably not.  This is a question for the Python
> developers really.
> >

> >>or what I can do to get rid of these warnings ?
> >>

> >Boost 1.32.0 shouldn't give you the warnings.
> >As for 1.31.0, the only thing I can suggest is that
> you steal
> >boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp,hpp
boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp,hpp >and
boost/python/detail/confconfig hppm 1.32.0, and
> make sure you
> >start all of your source files with
> >
> >#include <boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp>hpp >
> >
> Here is another suggested work-around. It involves
> changing pycopyconfig

httphttpail.python.org/pipepipermail-sig/sig5-April/008776.htmlhtmlMaybe
it is easier to apply.
> Are you sure you can't switch to Boost 1.32?
>
> Andreas

sig