[C++-sig] pyste, gccxml and boost ublas, random number generator etc

Nicodemus nicodemus at esss.com.br
Fri Jul 29 23:14:15 CEST 2005

Hi Alexis,

Alexis H. Rivera-Rios wrote:

>It seems when pyste compiles my code the gccxml cannot
>compile the libraries.  I think this happens because
>the boost libraries that I have in windows are setup
>to compile with VC 7.1 and gccxml is based on another
>compiler so compiling the templates gets messed up.

I always had the same problem, and unfortunatelly it seems there is
nothing you can do about it. :(

That's the problem mentioned by Petrucio in another thread: standard
headers and even boost itself upset GCCXML on Windows. One solution
would be to generate your bindings on Linux, and them compile them on
windows (that seems to work fine, at least in simple cases). Another
option would be to get your headers "clean", only with the code to wrap,
but that may be harder to accomplish, specially if you're wrapping a 3rd
party library.

Best Regards,
Nicodemus.