[C++-sig] Exposing classes

Ira Holtzer sheig222 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:59:22 CEST 2005

OK, I'm new at this so please bear with me.

First off, I'm using boost::python so what low level functions do you mean
(can you give me one name so I know where to start looking)?

Second, what I did is the following:
Created an exe file (SimplePython.exe ) what has a standard greet() function
and the boost::python declaration:
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(hello)
{
    def("greet", greet);
}

I run the exe which feeds the interpreter with the script (via
PyRun_String):
import hello
print hello.greet()

To which the interpreter returns an exception saying "ImportError: No module
named hello.

Can this be a path problem, do I somehow need to specify a dll/exe that has
c++ exported symbols?

Thanks,
Ira