[C++-sig] Pyste: patch to export all enums automatically

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 08:14:18 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:13:35 -0200, Nicodemus <nicodemus at esss.com.br> wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:
>
> >    The attached patch adds the command-line option --export-enum-values to
> >automatically call export_values() on all enum declarations.
> >
> >    If the command-line option is not specified, the behavior remain
> >unchanged and you still need to specify call export_values(...) on each enum
> >if you want to export it.
> >

> Thanks for the patch! I'm just not so sure if that's the best way to
> implement a feature like that (perhaps Pyste's command line is too
> cluttered already?). Opinions, anyone?

I think we have those choices:
1. to leave as is
    + we are stay consisten with current code
     -  command line sometimes is realy big
2. to setup global configuration class.
    +  only one place to configure pyste
3. in every exporter we can define class variables that will control exporting
    +  it is easy to see what configurations actualy do
     - difficult to use for user
4. combining 2 + 3: to define configuration variables in evry exporter
 and linking to this variables from single configuration class

Roman