[C++-sig] boost_python_debug pulls in python24.dll => "ImportError: Module use of python24.dll conflicts with this version of Python" ?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Dec 6 20:02:02 CET 2005

"Bill Davy" <Bill at SynectixLtd.com> writes:

> So:
> (1) boost_python_debug should be a debug version but it seems to pull in
> python24.dll even though python24_d.dll was already loaded.
> (2) I am getting "ImportError: Module use of python24.dll conflicts with
> this version of Python", possibly as a result of (1).
>
> I would be truly grateful for any assistance.

Please read
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#variants
and also the admonition at
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/hello.html

Since ActiveState will be making the Python debug DLL readily
available in the future, Boost.Python will no longer have this build
oddity in its next release; we'll just have a release and a debug
version.
(http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cumzjjtxki.fsf%40boost%2dconsulting.com%3e)

HTH,
www.boost-consulting.com