[C++-sig] pyste, gccxml and boost ublas, random number generator etc

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 8 09:30:12 CEST 2005

David Abrahams wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld <seefeld at sympatico.ca> writes:

>>>Yeah, but why would you do that when you could preprocess for GCC?
>>
>>Because that would require a separate gcc to be installed first ?
>>
>>(The gccxml tarball I unpacked on my linux box doesn't appear to
>>  contain anything related to a complete development environment
>>  such as system headers.)
>

> Well, that doesn't seem like it ought to be a significant obstacle.
> It seems unreasonable to expect GCCXML to process nonstandard MSVC
> constructs correctly.

May be. The problem is that developers have a particular platform
with a system compiler, and they want to process code that is written
in and for that environment.
So the only two options for a windows developer are a) to install a second
compiler that is more standard compliant or b) to change the processing tool
to understand the MSVC-specific constructs. Right ?

And if, in particular, they want to 'look' at the code from the system
compiler's perspective, they don't have a choice but to pursue option
b).

Regards,
		Stefan