[C++-sig] Newbie ... trouble compiling Boost.Python

Cain, Ben (Contractor-Summit) Ben.Cain at us.army.mil
Wed Apr 27 16:09:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm getting an error when trying to compile Boost.Python (using GCC on
Windows).  Most of Boost seemed to compile successfully.

I used the following command to compile from C:\Boost_1_32_0
   bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install

However, I get the following error during the Boost.Python build phase:
   Python.h: No such file or directory

I have the following environment variables set with Python 2.3.5
installed:
   PYTHON_ROOT       C:\Python23
   PYTHON_VERSION    2.3
   PYTHON_INCLUDES   C:\Python23\include
   PYTHON_LIB_PATH   C:\Python23\libs

I then tried to build Boost.Python directly from
C:\Boost_1_32_0\libs\python\build.  However, bjam didn't know how to
build from this directory.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  Ben