[C++-sig] Re: Building/testing extensions: boost-python-runtest

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Sep 10 18:13:05 CEST 2004

"Neal D. Becker" <ndbecker2 at verizon.net> writes:

G> Scons scripts are python, and scons itself is also python.
>
> Imagine how easy life is if you have make, but written in python, so you can
> easily access it's internals or change any aspect from the makefile (not
> that you would typically need to).
>
> scons src itself is actually quite small, as well.

I like the idea of Scons and have been following its development
since before it started ;-).  I am also interested in the idea of
replacing the Boost.Build core with Scons.  I'm asking these
questions because I want to be sure that Boost.Build itself is still
providing important advantages.

http://www.boost-consulting.com