[C++-sig] Re: -sBUILD=debug-python

Stefan Quandt Stefan.Quandt at bardenheuer.de
Wed Nov 17 08:28:17 CET 2004

David Abrahams wrote:

> Stefan Quandt <Stefan.Quandt at bardenheuer.de> writes:
>
>> I try to build an extension with python-debug on Win32.
>>
>> I compiled a debug version of the Python interpreter from source and
>> adjusted PYTHON_ROOT in my Jamrules to it's location.
>>
>> Then I try to build my extendions with
>>   bjam -sBUILD=python-debug
>> When bjam tries to link boost_python.dll it complains not finding
>> "python23.lib".
>>
>> As far as I know it should be "python23_d.lib".
>> Or am I missing something?
>
>    bjam -sBUILD=debug-python
Ah, yes, that's what I did.
It's only written wrong in my posting.

Why dows bjam references the non-debug version python23.lib when linking
boost_python.dll?

I use Boost.build v1 with a boost snapshot from July this year (which has a
small workaround to avoid a VC6 template error).

Thank you for your response
  Stefan