[C++-sig] Question regarding boost.python and Makefiles

Herringshaw, Chris Chris.Herringshaw at citadelgroup.com
Fri May 21 15:51:48 CEST 2004

Fair enough....any ideas why it compiles but gets the error
I detailed in my original email?  (Reprinted below)

-----REPRINT-----
This compiles fine.  Here is the source file:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

#include <boost/python.hpp>
#include <boost/python/class.hpp>
#include <boost/python/module.hpp>
#include <boost/python/def.hpp>

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT(chris)

Here is the python file:

#!/dev/Python-2.3.3/python

from chris import *

And when I run the script, here is what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./pythonboost.py", line 3, in ?
    from chris import *
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initchris)