[C++-sig] re: Debug Assertion Failed dbgheap.c HELP!!

aashish at iastate.edu aashish at iastate.edu
Tue May 18 04:01:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

First of all I am thankful  to all of you for helping me regarding
map_indexing_suite. Now thats working fine and my code works except I am
getting this problem.

I am passing a dictionary to C++ using map_indexing_suite..and  in the
dictionary a key might have more than 1400 values (of type double and
integer).

Now when I run my app with a dictioanry having key less than 150 values
then it just works fine but for more than that it gives me an error:

Debug Assertion Failed
    dbgheap.c
    Line 1100
    Expression:  _CtrlCheckMemory()

I read some mails about this in C++sig mail archieve... and tried to
follwo that but didn't work.

Details of my app are :

- Windows platform using MSVC7.0
- Using debug version of boost.python (that is boost_python_debug.dll)
- Variant of my app is Debug
- Using Python version 2.2 for windows (From web)

I think the probelm is with the std::string .. I also tried to get the
same error using only C++ but it didn;t help much though it throw me the
error in this code

std::vector< std::string > col_names;
 for(unsigned long ri = 0; ri < value_size ; ++ri){
    std::string temp;
    std::strstream str;
    str << ri;
    str >> temp;
    std::string s =  "Col" + temp;
   //std::cout << " [DBG] string values adding to the row_names are: " <<
s << std::endl;
       	col_names.push_back(s);
}

where col_names corresponds to values in a key (so if I have 1400 values I
need to have 1400 col_names)

Is is a problem with in C++ ?? and nothong to do with boost.python ?
Do I need to use Python debug version ?? (so compiling my own from src)

Please let me know. Any help will be gratly appreciated.

link for the c++ archieve:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2003-December/006455.html

Aashish Chaudhary       | Email:
Research Assistant      | ashish_cy at yahoo.com
Iowa State University   | aashish at iastate.edu
Ames, Iowa - USA        | Ph: (515) 441-1178