[C++-sig] problem with embedded python

Rob Lemley rclemley at booksys.com
Mon Mar 8 19:06:48 CET 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 20:00, John Gerschwitz wrote:
> > The error is when linking ... to be able to help you, I would need the
> > linking command.
>
> Yes I was wonderng whether I am missing a library or whether it is a
> library ordering problem.

It looks like the error occurs at runtime linking because of missing options
when building the python-embedding executable.

Python knows how to do it and the distutils module will tell you how to do it.

See section '5.6 Linking Requirements' in the 'Extending and Embedding'
document from the main documentation webpage for your version of python.
(http://python.org/doc/2.2.3/ext/link-reqs.html)

-RCL