[C++-sig] Re: make_constructor issues

Stefan Seefeld sseefeld at art.ca
Mon Jul 26 17:07:10 CEST 2004

> > My understanding of 'class_<Foo>' is that a python type is generated
> > with an embedded 'Foo' in it.
>
> That's just the  _default_ structure of a Python Foo object generated
> by ordinary __init__ functions.  The ones generated by
> make_constructor __init__ functions hold the [smart] pointer.

so are you saying that the actual shape of the python object depends
on how I generate it ? (am I just too much used to statically typed
languages to see the light here ?)

By the way, I just run into the 'Internals Documentation'
(http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/internals.html) which looks like
it has the potential to clarify a lot of these questions. Unfortunately
it seems to be very sparse as of now.

Regards,
		Stefan