[C++-sig] Re: make_constructor issues

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 26 03:10:30 CEST 2004

David Abrahams wrote:

>>But copy-construct it must anyways, simply because I chose to export
>>the type as class_<Foo>, not class_<Foo, shared_ptr<Foo> > !?!
>

> No; there's no copy construction.

My understanding of 'class_<Foo>' is that a python type is generated
with an embedded 'Foo' in it. If I have a function returning a Foo (value,
pointer, reference, whatever), which can act as a constructor for a
python object holding a Foo, how can I construct my python instance without
either copy construction or assignment ?

Thanks for any clarifications,
		Stefan