[C++-sig] pyste && private copy constructor question.

Hanz Meizer steam at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Jan 30 17:11:50 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to make the classes of an existing c++-project accessible to
python via the means of python. Unfortunately, there is a class that has
an interface like this:

protected:
   Bla(const std::string&, int);

private:
   Bla();
   Bla(const Element&);

I get the following error:

..
Bla.h:94: `
    Blub::Bla(const Blub::Bla&)' is private

My question is: How can I modify my pyste input file to work around this
problem? I figure that it's related to the fact that the copy
constructor is private. Unfortunately, I can't find any reasonable pyste
tutorial that covers more sophisticated topics and examples.

Any help, links, pointers etc. welcome.

--tt.

P.S.: Unfortunately, modifying the C++ Headers is not an option :-|