[C++-sig] Re: Sharing Singleton instances across boost.python extension modules

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Jan 2 19:16:24 CET 2004

Joel Gerard <llywelyn.geo at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> How do I share singleton instances across extension modules in Windows?  For
> instance, if I have an instance of a memory manager in one DLL, how do I use
> the same memory manager in the other?
>
> I realise this is a big question, but any links, references etc would be
> appreciated.  Is it even possible?

Sorry it took so long to answer this, Joel.  I don't think you need
to do anything special to "share singleton instances across extension
modules".  It should "just work"... depending what, precisely, you
have in mind.  If you could say a little more about what you need,
that might help.

www.boost-consulting.com