[C++-sig] Re: Boost.Python proposed patch 1.31.0

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Feb 16 14:09:16 CET 2004

John,

Please ask Boost.Python questions on the C++-sig unless you want to
hire Boost Consulting to help you.

John Gerschwitz <johng at quakes.uq.edu.au> writes:

> Hi Dave, I've had to continue with the patch to the numeric unit test
> at home. The behaviour is not what I expected. Everything works fine
> just as it is, ie the test comes back saying it has passed. Within
> numpy.cpp making the calls to numeric::array nelements(), isaligned(),
> iscontiguous(), itemsize() doesn't cause a failure prior to the
> patch. This is not what I expected, I expected these calls to generate
> an exception. Is there an easy way to run the tests through the
> debugger?

  bjam numpy --debugger=whatever

will put "whatever" at the beginning of the command line that runs
the test.  I use "--debugger=devenv /debugexe".

> As you have probably guessed I'm trying to use the Boost.Python
> library with numarray. I'm finding the documentation a little on the
> light side.

Yup.

> Can you point me to more comprehensive documentation?

All I know about is in the Boost.Python reference, but you might check
the list (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.c++/4070) or the
wiki

www.boost-consulting.com