[C++-sig] Re: Newbie vector_indexing_suite Link Errors

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 19 00:59:14 CEST 2004

"David Brownell" <db at DavidBrownell.com> writes:

> I was attempting to compile and link vector_indexing_suite.cpp, located in
> the python\test directory.  It looks like #define'ing
> BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB was all I needed.  Seems strange that I didn't have
> to #define this until I started working with the vector_indexing_suite.
>
> Thanks for your help!

Don't do it that way; you probably aren't getting correct results.

Go to the test directory and invoke "bjam ... test", specifying your
toolset, etc. where "..." is.  That will compile and run all the
tests.

Or invoke "bjam ... vector_indexing_suite" and it will compile and
run just that suite.

http://www.boost-consulting.com